As most couples would expect, their budget has to go a long way and maybe even cost their life savings. However, there are some ways on how you can save some cash on your wedding without affecting the quality of the experience. Here are some suggestions for simple ways to save money on the ceremony or even how to have a more luxurious honeymoon.
1. Personalized wedding invitations – Creating your own invitation is easy, simple and can be fun. If you have a pretty good printer, you just need specialty papers and you can print your way to big savings. For the layout, wordings, and font options – these are readily available online so you can print ones that are looks professionally printed.
2. Personalized wedding favors – You can also create your wedding favors without having to pay extra charges such as personalizing it, shipping, or other taxes. If you know your way around the kitchen or if you have a certain arts and crafts hobby, you can make these items as your wedding favors. As an added bonus, your guests can get to appreciate them even more because you have given your time and effort to creating something that they can carry home with them.
3. Choose flowers that are in season – For example, if you have pink flowers in mind, do not limit yourself to just pink roses or carnations. Especially if these flowers are off season, they will cost double or triple its regular price. Ask your florist about available flowers that are on the same shade or other flower choices so you don’t have to pay premium for special flowers to be brought in.
4. Have options for wine – Have a wine-tasting and choose cheaper wines that taste just as great as well as the premium wines. Do not be intimidated by the more popular wines. Most of them have cheaper counterparts but they taste as equally great.
5. Keep your set-up simple – If you can do away with all the drapings or the special lights, opt for that setup to cut the costs. Besides, there are plenty other things that can make your wedding look beautiful. If you think the drapes and the other decorations will show up in only a photo or two, you may want to do away with them. You can cut cost on costly flower centerpieces by using your wedding favors as centerpieces in the meantime. It will also be a good conversational piece when you have them set-up on the tables.
You can get big savings by following the tips above, and who knows, you might even get to use up the saved money for those new accessories for hubby’s car, or that much deserved honeymoon. Brush up on your budgeting so you can save money on your wedding. You don’t need to go and splurge even if this is a very special day for the two of you. Practicality is never out of style, so think out of the box and get fresh ideas on small ways you can save, yet get big savings.